The RMC-Covenant Circular Economy 2022 is a pilot of a systemic eco-innovative process, testing an oversight system between the value chain partners of multi-stakeholder partnerships related to a circular and collaborative economy at territorial level to increase resource productivity.
The partners of this collaborative scheme for transformational collaboration will set their internal agreement in the form of a Covenant which
- Will set action plans for regions, cities and other economic and social actors in an open-coordination way to improve value chain performance in the framework of the EIP on Raw Materials
- Will be signed by the end of 2015
- Has a web portal to mobilise business, civil society and public authorities
- Will lead to action plans at regional level, which will be adopted by 2016
- Will deliver results by 2022, the time of Rio+30
The RMC-Covenant Circular Economy 2022 is inspired by the success of the Covenant of Mayors.
The RMC-Covenant Circular Economy 2022 will facilitate new forms of multi-stakeholders value chain open-coordination and trust building and accelerate the transition towards resource productivity and a performance economy.
We need transformational partnerships as between state actors and non-state actors that aim to make collective goods available and contribute to sustainable development in the context of poverty eradication (Source: European Environment Agency).
Transformative partnerships will play a key role in designing an integrated system for managing a circular economy. This applies as well to the nexus water-energy-food-raw material-climate-poverty and related challenges. Such partnerships should provide new mechanisms for cross-institutional collaboration. Transformative partnerships offer good prospects for being learning institutions and generate eco-innovation.
- Cooperation at value chain is a driver
- Business needs to be part of an inclusive world
- Market alone can’t deliver the protection of the commons.
- Systemic issue
- Core competences of all partners are complementary
- Appropriate set of partners and trust
- Building partnership to scale up and replicate.